Contents of the Modules
Module 1. Fundamentals of Economics and Business I
- Microeconomics: Agents, markets, and information
- Public Economics: Welfare Economics, market failures, political economy.
- Strategic Management I and II: Strategic analysis (external, internal), strategic formulation (corporate and competitive strategies), strategic implementation.
Module 2. Fundamentals of Economics and Business II
- Macroeconomics: Growth, savings, employment
- Public Finance: Indirect taxation, direct taxation, tax evasion, taxation and growth, public debt and social security.
- Statistics for Data Analysis: Key concepts for univariate and multivariate data analysis. Estimation Methods. Statistical Inference
- Econometrics: Linear and non-linear models, panel data, structural models, time series.
Module 3. Finance I
- Financial Economics and Asset Pricing: Financial markets, decision making under uncertainty, contingent assets, market efficiency, term structure of interest rates, derivatives. Mean-variance analysis, CAPM, ICAPM, APT, share valuation models
Module 4. Finance II
- Corporate Financial Policy, Investments & Financial Institutions: Corporate financial structure, dividend policy, mergers and acquisitions. Capital budgeting decision making, real options, international financial management, banking and financial institutions.
Module 5. Public Policies I
- Evaluation Methodologies: Randomized evaluations, difference-in-differences, regression discontinuity designs and natural experiments.
- Innovation Policies: Determinants and consequences of innovation. Evaluation of innovation policy.
- Infrastructure Policies: Optimal level of infrastructure provision, role of public and private sector in their provision and operation, policy implications
Module 6. Public Policies II
- Environmental Policies: Economic analysis of environmental issues, economics of sustainability, environmental policy tools.
- Health Economics and Health Policies: Supply and demand of health care, information asymmetries, insurance markets. Role of regulation, policy evaluation.
[Syllabi for all MEBA subjects (Year 2020-2021) can be downloaded from here]