• Characteristics of literary translation in different languages and cultures
• Translation of literary genres: narrative, poetry and theatre
• Problems specific to literary translation: translating metaphor, metre and humour
• Reception and sociological aspects of literary translation
• Literary studies and translation: comparative literature and translation; myth criticism and translation; literary movements and translation
• Semiotics and symbolism in literary translation
PhD faculty (academic tutors and PhD supervisors)
Helena Casas, Miquel Edo, Montserrat Bacardí, Sara Rovira, Jordi Mas, Carme Mangiron, Francesc Galera Porta.
Other doctors of the Department also can supervise PhD disertations in this field of research.