NEA aims to:
- advance in the descriptive study of audio description, with a special interest in hybrid modalities such as audio subtitling;
- research the impact of audio features in user experience, especially concerning immersion with text-to-speech audio description and clean audio implementation;
- apply electrophysiological or behavioural measures in accessibility research in order to evaluate emotional activation;
- assess the impact of various platforms/configurations in user interaction with access services, and
- transfer research outputs to academia and society.
NEA has three main phases: a descriptive phase, followed by reception studies and knowledge transfer activities