Research about the effects of entrepreneurial activity on economic growth and development.
* Urbano, D., Aparicio, S., & Audretsch, D. (2018). Twenty-five years of research on institutions, entrepreneurship, and economic growth: What has been learned? Small Business Economics. In Press, doi: 10.1007/s11187-018-0038-0.
* Urbano, D., Aparicio, S., Guerrero, M., Noguera, M., & Torrent-Sellens, J. (2016). Institutional determinants of student employer entrepreneurs at Catalan universities. Technological Forecasting and Social Change. In press, doi: 10.1016/j.techfore.2016.06.021.
* Aparicio, S., Urbano, D., & Audretsch, D. (2016). Institutional factors, opportunity entrepreneurship and economic growth: Panel data evidence. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 102, 45-61.
* Urbano, D., & Aparicio, S. (2016). Entrepreneurship capital types and economic growth: International evidence. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 102, 34-44.
* Urbano, D., & Guerrero, M. (2013). Entrepreneurial universities socioeconomic impacts of academic entrepreneurship in a European region. Economic Development Quarterly, 27(1), 40-55.
Seminal papers about this topic:
* Acs, Z., & Szerb, L. (2007). Entrepreneurship, Economic Growth and Public Policy. Small Business Economics, 28(2-3), 109–122.
* Acs, Z., Desai, S., & Hessels, J. (2008). Entrepreneurship, economic development and institutions. Small Business Economics, 31(3), 219–234.
* Audretsch, D., & Keilbach, M. (2004). Entrepreneurship Capital and Economic Performance. Regional Studies, 38(8), 949–959.
* Audretsch, D. B., & Keilbach, M. (2008). Resolving the knowledge paradox: Knowledge-spillover entrepreneurship and economic growth. Research Policy, 37(10), 1697–1705.
* Baumol, W. J., & Strom, R. J. (2007). Entrepreneurship and economic growth. Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, 1(3-4), 233–237.
* Blanchflower, D. G. (2000). Self-employment in OECD countries. Labour Economics, 7(5), 471–505.
* Carree, M., Van Stel, A., Thurik, R., & Wennekers, S. (2002). Economic development and business ownership: an analysis using data of 23 OECD countries in the period 1976–1996. Small Business Economics, 19(3), 271–290.
* Rocha, H. O. (2004). Entrepreneurship and development: The role of clusters. Small Business Economics, 23(5), 363–400.
* Wennekers, S., & Thurik, R. (1999). Linking entrepreneurship and economic growth. Small Business Economics, 13(1), 27–56.
* Wong, P. K., Ho, Y. P., & Autio, E. (2005). Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Economic Growth: Evidence from GEM data. Small Business Economics, 24(3), 335–350.