Drug and animal data management
Anaesthesia in rodents (Includes wet lab).
Anaesthesia in rabbits (Includes wet lab).
Anaesthesia in pigs (Includes wet lab).
Anaesthesia in ruminants (Includes wet lab).
Anaesthesia in reptiles and birds.
Anaesthesia in primates.
Rodent and Advanced monitoring
Advanced techniques: Advanced mechanical ventilation and monitoring.
Advanced techniques: Local and Regional Anesthesia, including electrical-guided and ultrasound-guided techniques (includes wet lab).
Interference of Anesthesia in research results
Pain recognition and assessment:
Analgesics and techniques
Analgesia in non-mammal species
Update on euthanasia of laboratory animals
*: In order to get fully advantage of the teaching module and achieve the required competences, the student should be knowledgeable in the following topics. To this end, appropriate information should be provided in advance and revised by the student.
· Principles and techniques of anaesthesia
· Pharmacology of sedatives and injectable and inhalational anaesthetics and drug selection
· Preanesthesia, including sedation
· Perioperative management.
· Anaesthetic equipment and Anaesthetic circuits.
· Fluid therapy
· Basic monitoring and common anaesthetic complications and treatment. CPR
· Anaesthesia in dogs and cats.